Youth Apprentice Program
Key elements of the Youth Apprenticeship program are:
- Industry-developed skill standards
- Exposure to multiple aspects of the industry
- Skilled mentors assigned to train the students
- Paid on-the-job work experience
- Related classroom instruction concurrent with work-based learning
- Curriculum guidelines for all programs
- Performance evaluation of demonstrated competencies
- State-issued skill certificate
Level One Youth Apprentice
- Junior OR Senior year of High School
- 450 hours of work-based learning MINIMUM
- 2 semesters of related classroom instruction
Level Two Youth Apprentice
- Junior AND Senior year of High School
- 900 hours of work-based learning MINIMUM
- 4 semesters of related classroom instruction
Applications for VAHS's Youth Apprentice Program will be accepted starting February 1, 2017. Application forms can be picked up from Amy Moschkau, Room B179, Student Services or printed below. Deadline for application submission is March 1, 2017.
YA Application Directions
YA Recommendation Form
Dane County School Consortium will be holding two Youth Apprentice Family Information Nights in February 2017. For more information, please click here.
For Spanish Family Information night flyer, click here.
For more information on Youth Apprentice, please email Amy Moschkau, School to Career Coordinator at Verona Area High School, or call 608-845-4482.
For more information on Youth Apprentice, click here.